View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2004, 15:55 (Ref:991674)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: 2005 Indianapolis 500

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
ok very premature I know but I was just looking at ticket prices and the circuit map and saw that a lot of tickets refer to "Terrace" is that terrace in the UK understanding of it being stabding space or is it seats that are effectively unncovered (one step up from the bleechers) ?

What are the Tower Terrace and the Turn 1 Boxes like for viewing?

I can give you TONS of Info on seating at Indianapolis....

The seats that are referred to as "Terrace Seats," in General, are on the infield portion of the circuit.....or the inside of the race track itself....the "Tower Terrace" seats are high-quality grandstands...

The First Turn terrace and the South terrace stands in teh infield are just bleachers...they may still be made of wood....I haven't sat in them for years....

My thoughts on Terrace seats is that you don't see as much of the action as you do by sitting in the stands that are on the outside of the race course itself....

"Tower Terrace" Seats are along pit road....Personally, I feel like I'm watching a tennis match sitting in those seats....

But for the first-timer to the Indy 500 itself, these seats will give you a real flavor for the event itself.....Paddock seats aren't bad for this purpose, either...and they are covered...but I don't think you see as much action from those as you do from other locations...

The Box Seats in turn one are very good seats...the ultimate grandstand at Indy is Grandstand E....but don't look at the Southwest Vista...or the North or South Vistas....they are in the Short Chutes, and you don't see nearly as much action as you would if you were seated on the outside of a turn...

My favorite spot to watch the Race....

The Northeast Vista -- Turn Three.....

Tons of passing, and it is a huge grandstand that seats about 50,000 people...your likelihood of getting tickets in it are very good....

ONE RULE TO ALWAYS OBSERVE:

Your Row that your seat are located in should ALWAYS be "Double Letters" -- "AA" "KK" etc....

The higher you sit in the facility, the more of the race circuit you will see....

My seats in Turn 3 were in Row "CC"

I saw most of Turn 2, all of the backstretch, all of Turn 3, the north short chute, and all of turn 4....

If you are planning on doing it, Paul, send me a PM with locations you're thinking about, etc., and I'll gladly assist you....

One American Open Wheel Series!