View Single Post
Old 9 May 2019, 22:13 (Ref:3902873)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Oddly enough I have a 50D that doesn't do video but my old 7D does. I'm taking both to Le Mans so will give it a try on the 7D. I'm told it would be better with an external microphone so I might look one up.
Peter, an external microphone certainly makes a difference and I
use them a lot in my videos. You can pay a lot of money for top of the range models that you probably don't need or possibly won't use often.
What you want is a "Shotgun mike" that is directional that won't pick up sound from behind and even a cheap one will be better than the one fitted to your camera.
If you do decide to buy one get a small one that will fit on the hot shoe and if possible use it in a "manual" setting rather than "auto".
I have 3 different ones and the one that I normally use on my camcorders is *this one* as it's small and light. If I am recording music with a live group I use a separate sound recorder to keep the sound the same because if you are moving about it will alter.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (222).png
Views:	8
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	53006

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 9 May 2019 at 22:20.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !