Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3751395)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It is different in as much as you can carry a spare 5 lts of fuel for your ice vehicle but you can't carry a spare battery for an all electrical one.

I agree that electric cars have their place for popping into Sainsbury's and general short town runs etc but they won't be replacing conventional (or hybrid) for a long time IMHO
Yes, you can carry spare fuel, but how many do?

Small BEVs are perfect for normal journeys, but with a bit of planning are pretty darn good for longer ones as well. The user just has to change their approach to the journey. I'd love a Tesla with a longer range, but even the Model 3 is bigger than I would want, apart from being more expensive!

I'm off to W Sussex in the beemer next week- 160 miles each way. The journey does have the advantage that the destination household have a pukka charging point, but even a UK 13a 3 pin would get the car charged up over time for the return if necessary.