View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2475797)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Adrian and welcome to 10/10ths my good friend, now Peter Mallet will at last have someone to talk Capris with! You are right of course it did start off as that but very quickly became Budget-Rent-a-Car due to Mr. Sheridan's connections bringing in the sponsorship. The Falken sponsorship came in later post Brian thanks to an approach via the importing agents and very good package it was as well, where have all these deals gone and why do a company like Falken decide they want to back a ruddy golf tournament instead of a race championship which must be where their core business lies? I do know some of the answers to that infact but it would be bit too controversal to publish here. BTW I will say it was definitely not for the reason that appeared in one of the motoring mags interviewing our Neil as that was a load of bunkum and way off the mark.