View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3506592)   #41
gaaaazFR
Rookie

gaaaazFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we have to be faire with Gravity's junior management.

Gravity's system always has been financially independent from Lotus F1 Team, and the concept is "let's find individual sponsorship for every junior" that's why they try to have a mix between talents and kids coming from emerging markets (Albon for instance).

The others all bring money... Ocon is a special case as soon as he didn't have any budget since Karting and since Gravity took 100% of his seasons since this age.

Now Ocon has arrived to a step in his career where he needs "bigger" budget, and since Gravity doesn't have a sponsor for him, they might struggle to pay for this.. I also understand they don't want to put in danger financially the complete junior system for one kid.
That's why they tried to sell him this winter.

Considering this, GP3 might be a good alternative.
Racing on F1 week-ends. Reasonable budgets. Good seat at ART (I think I remember ART racing Gravity kids like Sims if I'm right).
And moreover, some others have shown that you can step-up from GP3 to F1 (Bottas, Kvyat). As soon as they cannot pay a GP2 drive and find a "winning" WSR seat, This solution make sense finally!

But time we'll tell us if I'm thinking in the good way or not.