View Single Post
Old 14 May 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3733346)   #30
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
No , not at all, I am fine with any change for the right reason but don't welcome it for its own sake. I don't venture to Europe to watch racing , I have never seen Code 60 before last Sunday - hence my questions . Happy to watch it in action again - and just hope it doesn't spoil the day again...
What little racing I do is mostly in mainland Europe. I've both seen it and experienced it first-hand - that's why I support it so strongly. If you want to review it in action I commend to you any of the Creventic/Hankook endurance series races, lots on Youtube.
To attempt to answer your questions:
- 60 means 60 kph.
- road car speedos are irrelevant although it is possible to have them recalibrated for different tyres and gearing.
- if you compete in a race where Code 60 is used it behoves even the most broke or daft driver to ensure he has an accurate speedo; neither difficult nor expensive.
- the aim is to keep the gaps even; if a gap is obviously closed up then split sector times can be examined. The sanctions will be according to the event's Regulations, could be added time penalty or drive-through etc.
- I don't think anyone has yet proposed it be used in karting.
- it will be subject to the appeals process and judicial system of the organising club and the national ASN - precisely the same as any other infringement.

Last edited by MGDavid; 14 May 2017 at 10:25.