View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1440125)   #10
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
so i guess it cant be 009R, since that raced. this is probably the 8th chassis built by RML (i am in contact with the RML people now, they should be able to find it for me). RML built 8 Saleen chassis's total. The DDO and ACEMCO examples come from Saleen direct (as well as the 2006 models).
The precise quote, written by Gabriele Tosi on DSC in a report on the cancelled Imola meeting that began the year, tells us something but probably not much.

"The DR Sport Equipe Saleen sounds very strange, not like the FIA GT cars, thanks to the noise restrictor… Davide Mastracci: “The car itself was built in 2002, one of the very first examples, but never raced. We haven’t any 2005 specs., no carbon brakes, we only have the 2005 new wing. We also don’t have traction control. For the second round it’s almost sure we’ll have it.”

Sorry Graham, if posting a quote like this is out of order. I normally don't like to talk too much about things read on DSC on the board because it subverts subscriptions a bit, but I think this is of service to the general understanding of sportscar chassis history in the public domain.