View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1477305)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Autosport (yes, I know, something often short of the font of all knowledge) several weeks ago reported that Pescarolo would persist with the C60H in 06, and was actively seeking a new chassis to replace the No 17 "destroyed" at Le Mans. Finding a C60 shouldn't be impossible - the Saturn one I assume is still for sale (it not having shown up as rumoured this year) and the Courage works outfit could probably part with one of theirs. So - could this hint at the precise provenance of whatever's showing up in the museum?

Given they've got a brace of automatic invitations back to Le Mans having a dormant '06 doesn't seem to add up for me. Okay, they're unlikely to be turned away given their nationality, the personality of Henri himself, and their performance last time out, but having the two invites now means they can do an awful lot of preparatory work in terms of setting the budget, allowing them to further develop the car and build on their LMES title.

Finally - is it a done deal that Pescarolo will have a link with Peugeot? Last I heard Peugeot were very much at pains to deny that that would be the case.