View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2000, 12:45 (Ref:3303)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've always been abit puzzled by FPA.

To me it has always thrown up curious results
and godd drivers never seem to achieve anything in it.

If you look at James Pickford,Carl Breeze, Danny Watts, Richard Lyons, Darren Turner, etc. These are all good drivers who achieved nothing in FPA. Yet some unkown drivers with little pedigree seem to do O.K.

It all seems a bit ringmastery to me, with JP seeminmgly controlling the whole thing, I'm not sure how even the cars actually are.

In Darren Turner's day he would go from grid 5 one race to 18th the next - which doesn't happen in other series.

I think it did well when FRenault was in a bit of a slump, but now its on the up - it seems no serious career drivers want to go to FPA.

Drivers I have spoken too seem to regard it as a bit of a risk , because of the fluctuating performance of some of the drivers. Overall the concept was fairly good but basically flawed, because drivers do better in a small team environment - as history shows .