View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3853343)   #8594
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah, I get that. It's just from that article I had to try and work out what lap record it "nearly smashed", and even then it didn't give me an accurate enough time. Just could be a bit clearer.

Surprised they didn't go for it. Car was already there.
I'm guessing there's some weird insurance restriction on either the weekend or the track that limits what Porsche can do or it is willing to pay for. Plus it's just Laguna, Nurburgring I can fully understand, and think Porsche would pay whatever to run it, and Spa was likely easy to rent, Grade 1 track with all the safety and support staff that entails, has history most people will recognize, and probably the closet they could get to F1 times. I think we all would appreciate it only running for lap records at every track, most would prefer in race meeting lap records over empty tracks I would think though.