View Single Post
Old 2 May 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3901208)   #113
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
I seem to recall that they showed the incident as it happened as Billy was carrying a TV camera but all subsequent repeats showings stopped before the impact.....
Correct. Even the snippet used by the BBC at last year's SPOTY was truncated, for obvious reasons.

Back to last weekend's coverage: the incident made me cringe, and I was watching it on Sunday night from a recording made during the day. The multi-angle re-runs were instructive as the clearly showed how unsighted the second driver was but they took me just over the line of thinking "you can stop now".

I did think the mention of the "tyre bale" (actually Recticel) was a bit misleading as the stationary car was much further down the track and several other cars had jinked left or right in avoidance. It was a classic "last car in the train" crash for me, there's just no time to react.