View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3158148)   #75
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Yeah, because its not GE and CNN pulling the strings there. There are no American teams racing in Europe, GP2 does not race here, Pal Varhaug isn't a big name over here, and last I checked, Norway wasn't a massive market that companies are crawling all over themselves to get to. So why the hell are investors looking at this kid? He's not even that good.
Rossi joined what is now Caterham before CNN and GE did. AirAsia was his first major backer, and GE took months after they joined Caterham to begin supporting Rossi.

I realize from the perspective of a red, white, and blue high horse, you can see every last detail of these mysterious American investors and know how to spend their money better than they do. It is very American, after all, to demand freedom for yourself and give it to no others.

I'd have figured it'd be easy to be content that Caterham have stuck with Rossi despite a **** year in WSR, and that Rossi's backers are an F1 team and their major partners, rather than some American investors of whom we know nothing and have not committed any money yet.

Anyway, I'll disengage from this quibble. I've been kicked off a forum before for being an "unAmerican freedom freeloader" and I'd prefer it not happen again.

Back to GP2...

I've yet to really be excited by a rumor thus far. Still early, and perhaps I'm hard to please, but the GP2 grids seem to get progressively less relevant and interesting as the years go by. Kind of a shame.