Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3715565)   #2184
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
if the current link dies please don't post another one.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Things are a changing , but as he says it'll be as a result of a full review. Why 20 odd different passes, just a small thing but a detail that would probably save the event host thousands in terms of getting different passes made up.
For a roughly 30ish minute interview there was a lot of good stuff. Another thing I found interesting is that Ross mentioned that apparently that type of interview would never have happened previously. That the fact they were talking on record was illustrative of the new openness!

To the comment about the quantity of unique pass types... I think a LARGE part of new ownership is when an outsider asks basic questions like "Why do we do X, Y and Z?" If the answer is "I don't know" then someone is asking the right questions. Introspection can be hard. Especially if the sport has been ruled with an iron fist in the past. The thought of questioning "why" has likely been beaten out of many who have been involved for years. "This is how it has always been done" becomes a common answer.

I also have to say... It was interesting to hear Ross talk about the polar opposite priorities for himself. That previously his job was to decimate the competition. That generating close racing is never something a competitive team will strive for. Now.. he is very much talking about how to make a more equal playing field and that the health and competitiveness of smaller teams is important.

Richard