View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2018, 05:34 (Ref:3808786)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Funny, I did an apprenticeship of sorts under one of Australia's greatest ever race mechanics, on a volunteer basis, with a legendary Australian car driven then by the brother of the newest Supercar team owner!

The privilege was all mine, working with motorsport royalty, when the most famous names would come up to chat because of who was teaching me stuff!

Was a fair while ago now but I was very lucky and would do it again.
And that’s really the point... if you have the drive, the application, the capacity and ability to learn, putting yourself in the right plave at the right time can take you just about anywhere.

Worrying that its not an 80-thousand dollar job with company car & expense account misses the whole point...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House