View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3875445)   #16
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
And they will feel much, much longer. Historically anomalous (if that matters? ) and falling into the same trap which has reduced much modern racing to the tame parody of racing which only two men and a dog watch.

If the organisers spent any time with the crowd, they would know that the biggest 'oohs' and 'aaahs ', applause and cheers often go to the bloke in his Mini who only came 6th , but who outbraked the same Mustang at the same spot on every lap.
I agree, one of the biggest appeals of historic Touring Car racing for me is the disparity of vehicles. Huge behemoths that storm in a straight line but corner like a cross-channel ferry competing with little tiddlers that don't has so much speed but ara amazingly agile through the corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Given that Mini Miglia and Mini Se7en have been providing exciting racing for nearly as long as I've been watching motor sport I think a massive exception can be made for this "one make" race.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
As a one-time Mini Se7en racer that was my initial thought too Max until I thought a little more. Mini Se7en & Miglia racing is still going on and still providing that spectacle (as are numerous other one-make championships), Historic racing doesn't need this.