Thread: CSCC THRUXTON
View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3980796)   #22
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

Never having been there is also another consideration. Of course, there has to be a first time at any circuit, but learning what is the fastest circuit in the country at a time when, if something goes wrong (a crash and potential hospitalisation, for example) means you could end up with more complications than you bargained for, is certainly something that needs to be considered.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

I was discussing it with Rob (the Apothecary) the other day and his tale of having a front strut fail last time he was there, fortunately at the slowest part of the circuit, made me think, especially as he reckoned if something goes wrong you're likely to end up in another postcode Then I looked up the lap times from last year and the quick lads were in the high 90s average mph, and the guys we'd normally run with were in the mid-80s.... Given that on most circuits we visit we're a lot slower than that - about 10mph slower at Silverstone International, for example, I suspect we'd be significantly underpowered.....

Advance planning mode - have you got a pub with a good garden near you ? - if they open up in the next couple of weeks we'll come over and have a chat about it