View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3969156)   #26
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'd corrected my post in edit when I realised that James Wright had been out in a 75 Further checking has also shown that at least two Giuliettas have been out in the series.

Despite requests (I'm the Director for Motorsport for the Alfa Romeo Owners Club) I've never actually seen any regs for Julius's series - the entry form for the Silverstone Classic merely says :
"This race is open to competitors racing any Classic or Historic production-based Alfa Romeo from the 750 - 116 range of models.
Cars must be recognised by one or any of the respective organisations:
FIA
HRDC
HSCC

Cars must run the tyres permitted by their respective registered Clubs or Series. NO SLICKS OR CUT SLICKS ARE ALLOWED"

Its one of the most "relaxed" series I've seen with regard to regs
Clearly all open to interpretation, Richard! But dont series regs have to be signed off by MUK?
Very odd that regs are not available. I know they have fairly decent grids but if things were a bit more transparent and logical (to my mind!) they would have even more. Still, it is Julius’ trainset and he can play with it how he likes!
Julius has had a Giulietta for sale for a long time.