View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3773698)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Oh dear, as usual nit picking thrives on here with a few people.

I am not stupid Mr Mallett, I obviously realise Europe is a very big place and companies there will be affected by this aswell. My point was that there is a large concentration of companies in the UK, both very large and very small, and probably a bigger share of GDP than in any other European country, so the government might have more of a vested interest in this type of law.

Regarding other points, I don't think this really has a cat in hells chance of being law, some of it will become law clearly, but the point is, it could easily impact a lot of other areas.

Law is often made by a lawyer setting a precedent, if this allows that precedent to be easier to set...

That is the point and why I support the petition in full.
Sorry wasn't nit picking. But the subject of precedent is quite interesting because according to the rules of the ECJ they don't set precedents and don't use them in any of their cases. Although to read their judgments you'd think otherwise.