View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4093250)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
My views as a race watcher (rather than a driver team owner with insight into the costs or an engineer with insights into setup etc):-

The series is flourishing and the grids are full, with a good variety of manufacturers. We have a variety of cars on the grid, and not all look the same.

The cars are generally recent / new models. BTCC is not reliant on old out of date cast offs from other racing series.

The racing has been generally good. There is not a huge gap of performance between the top dozen or so.

We still get regular whining about RWD / FWD advantages / disadvantages, but generally speaking I think that the balance of performance has been about right in recent years - some tracks suit one over the other of course.

Relatively small teams can build a competitive car without factory support.

We have a good mix of new drivers alongside established older drivers.