View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3776320)   #170
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I very much doubt anyone from on here will be going there, it is a con of epic proportions. And deserves to be shunned by any real rallycross fan. Hopefully it fails utterly.

However, I would like to see it make some money, so that the track stays, as I think that if the event fails completely, Silverstone will see out there IMG contract and dig it up. Would be great to have another British rallycross venue.

It has been built very cleverly, not using ANY part really of any existing tarmac other than a few small areas of the Stowe circuit, this does not impact the full track in any way, merely the Stowe area that is used for "experience" days and learner testing and driving. (easy money in other words, in cars they do not own)

So, they are not stupid, but I would like to see the track used by British, BTRDA and maybe even the highly likely ERC when it returns, as the current era of WRX cannot last long now, it is already dragging its knees.

Would also be of the mind to protest! But that would be taking things too far.