View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3779594)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just had a quick check, and you are correct tbtstt it is the car that McGarrity had up for sale.
Did wonder if M-Sport has produced more than one in that colour! If I recall correctly was the first Evo2 specification R5 produced by M-Sport.

Must confess (apologies, as I am drifting slightly off topic here), but I am huge fan of the R5 class. I know they are far from cheap, but I find them entertaining to watch and it's great to see most National Championships adopting them as their premier rally car class: plus they slot into the WRC structure as well.

Quote:
As for the chicanes, as Bert said, rallycars in general arn't geared for the straights and standing and listening you can hear how short geared they are. Also they help ensure that the cars don't breach the stage average speed reg.
Watching a rally car banging off the limiter down a wide tarmac straight makes for rather boring viewing as well: I would much rather see the cars being thrown around a bit (even if it just round a couple of plastic barriers or cones).

Quote:
For a lot of people, me included, standing in a forest watching rallying is just not practical for various reasons so SVR's are a very welcome way to get to see these cars run.
Forest rallying is a fantastic spectacle, but following "traditional" stage rallies can be hard work! As you say, it's a chance to see these cars running and, for some of the classic car owners, is probably a preferable option.