Old 26 Apr 2006, 05:47 (Ref:1595123)   #72
Jstreet
Rookie

United States
Bellevue Washington USA
Jstreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argo JM2-004 owner history

All,

I contacted Thomas Pomeroy the chap who had owned my car and won the SCCA run-off's in it in 1979. He gave me the following owner information.

The first owner in the US was Zeitler Racing, who then sold it to Joe Hill of Westerville Ohio. Joe ran it for one season but poor maintenance made it less and less competitive.

Thomas Pomeroy bought the car from Joe Hill. Thomas was very successful in the car and won the 1978 SCCA run-off's but, he was disqualified for using illegal rods. He came back in 1979 to win it again. And in 1980 he rented the car to Curtis Farley, who won the 1980 SCCA run-off's in it also.

Thomas then sold the car to a Mr (first name not known) Brown who converted it to a single seater CSR. After this the history is unknown until the late 90's.

There is a long gap in the history until the late 90's "as the story goes" the car was stored in a Detroit warehouse. I have no proof of this. It is just the story.

Brian Elliott in 1999 had the car restored by McNamara motorsports in Indianapolis Indiana. It was finished in 2001.

Brian raced the car in 4 events then sold it to me (John Street) in 2002. I've been racing the car in vintage and historic events since then.

John Street

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Sep 2006 at 18:58. Reason: Chassis Archive edit!