View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3761377)   #673
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
They have been rumours circulating for a number of weeks now that Mercedes have been "assisting" Honda with their PUs, but both sides, and McLaren, vehemently deny that there is any truth to the matter.

Whatever the "truth" is, I doubt that it will be acknowledged for a very long time, if ever.
I expect that is correct. That given any involvement by a large manufacture is primarily a marketing exercise of your own engineering prowess, it is a negative to expose the dirty truths of things like rebadging the designs of others, outsourcing design and construction to a third party as well as help from third party consultants or other manufactures.

Maybe at some point in the future, someone on the inside will step forward once their career is over and safe from professional repercussions and provide details of who they are, why they should be trusted and what really happened. At the moment it is nothing more than a large amount of unsubstantiated rumors and speculation or which some percentage is likely true. We just don't know which percent.

And of course there will always be those who are, or purport to be insiders who live behind aliases who will say "I can't say who I am, but trust me". But the problem is... you have "insiders" who give conflicting statements. It's hard to even decide which "insider" to trust. Posts here and on other forums I visit (as well as media speculation) reminds me of the lyrics from a Dire Straits song... "Two men say they're Jesus one of them must be wrong".

Richard