View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3761408)   #675
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Sorry for quoting myself... When I typed the above, I was thinking about something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1937747336

That book is by ex-Ilmor people and tells the story of the pushrod engine built by Ilmor Engineering for the 1994 Indy 500 that was eventually badged as a Mercedes (this was back before Mercedes bought that company which eventually became the group that built the current F1 engine for Mercedes).

I am not sure this current Honda saga is book worthy (I would buy a copy), but I do expect at some point, someone will step out of the shadows and tell the story.

Richard
That would be Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines Ltd. In 2005, Mario Illien in partnership with Roger Penske bought the Special Projects division from Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines Ltd., because it was involved in developing the Honda IndyCar engine from 2003-2006 with HPD, Honda Performance Development. The new company, which is totally independent of Mercedes, is again called Ilmor Engineering Ltd.