View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3838562)   #142
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I know man my excitement for Indycar with Dixon leading the points is a 10/10. My excitement for F1 despite there being a big battle for the title is considerable lower... at the end of the day who really cares if Seb or Lulu take their 5th title.
I agree on that.
Almost everyone can win in Indycar, that's one of its charms - where a F1 Grand Prix is a race of 2 worlds: 6 and 14 others.

Although it must be said: every single series I watch has its advantages and disadvantages. I try to appreciate every single one for what it is, but that should not make us/me blind for its shortcomings.
So far - even if it is perhaps not the highest level - ELMS has disappointed me the least.

(And BTW: Dixon is amazing )

--

Back on topic:

There was only 8 seconds between 5th (Hulkenberg) and 12th (Magnussen) on the road (discounting the 10s penalty for Sainz).
Grosjean (6th) overtook Magnussen (12th -> 11th) the lap before Vettel crashed, or even on that very lap (they were both already lapped I think?).
That proved to be a very important pass, as afterwards Magnussen had to queue twice behind Grosjean in the pits.

Last edited by gert; 24 Jul 2018 at 19:09.