View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3883549)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Bob. Your research is appreciated but is unlikely to help in this instance.

The concern was over the date of introduction of later DCOE versions. These are now being used on cars that in period had earlier DCO carbs, as those are very difficult to source. This is leading to HTP papers being refused. Mainly affects cars with smaller Coventry Climax engines from the late 50s early 60s......
Of course Mike I have no idea of what I am talking about, but do own some fairly old books. The 250F Maser used 42DCOA3 Webers in 1954, while Ferrari used 50 and 58 DCOA3 models.

Probably no help at all. but I do like to show-off