View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4036500)   #1075
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Grant, please, the egg thingy is about 2CV, not Dyane. Many froggy cars had an umbrella shaft going through the dash instead of a normal gear knob. They are so slow that you never know what the weather will be on arrival…
Yes I know about 2CV rather than Dyane but realistically they should both be able to protect a box of eggs ...

For a short time I had the use of a Renault 6 as a "company" car so I became quite used to the joys of the umbrella shaft gear change concept and quite adept at the art of a "speed refit" when the linkage fell apart. That was a frequent event for all of its drivers but if one was tempted to hustle the thing along a bit it could be a bit more of a regular requirement - often several times a week. Sometimes more than once a day.

Other than that it was actually almost quite an interesting method for travelling from one point to another.