View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2016, 23:38 (Ref:3686066)   #23
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
It's normal if some hobbies become not as attractive as they used to be. A great thing about motorsports - they force you to study physics, history, strategy (even geography to get known the landscape and weather forecasts better). It's not just a two-hour show with snacks.
And it has to be seen live, not only via streams. I was happy to watch GTs and DTM live - and it's such a great experience even if you have no clue who are the lads in those shiny roaring bangers (I was told so by friends who were not interested in racing but went to track with me).
My fan's career is not that huge. I was growing on DTM (1994) articles in our magazines, then started to watch new DTM and via FIA GT locked on ELMS and FIA WEC. Today I'm frustrated by the way ACO rule the championship and I getting more and more interested in Super GT instead.
And one of the problems why people gave up with watching racing - we have too much information, too much news, too much racing. Just 10 years ago this site was a miracle for me. I found tons of wonderful info here. Today I'm not hungry in news or racing. I really can live without it. I think we handle with information not as careful as in the past.
And spec series is a real shame. It's TV who kill autosport. All that BoPs are only for TV and Internet viewers. If you are at the track you do not need 0,1 seconds photo-finish to be happy.

I certainly agree in the context of the WEC in 2016. I think this series has not been interesting at all this year. Audi pulling out along with the new P2's and Porsche coming back to GTE Pro does make 2017 promising though.

2016 in IMSA and Blancpain GT has been fantastic the vast majority of my racing viewership has been those races. As far as not being hungry for racing news. Don't for the L.A auto show is coming up along with the first Daytona tests.

I find it funny that first 2017 season IMSA test comes before the 2016 WEC season ends.