View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4085263)   #151
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Cochrane being seen as successful is a reflection of motor racing in Australia being a smaller culture. He would not succeed as an admin in any bigger, more mature racing cultures in the world (Both Indy and Nascar, European and Japanese).
I guess that depends on if you are entrenched in the view that 'sport is everything' and commercial viability is irrelevant?

Cochrane may have come to sport from the showbusiness perspective (emphasis on business) - but purchasing a series for $52k and then having the same series valued at $330 million 15 years later would suggest that most other racing cultures would gladly have him in a senior role.