View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4085344)   #15
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely if one follows the line of thinking that Moffat was removed because he was just driving the best car, then wouldn't that also affect Sutton.

Personally, I don't accept that because they had to get the best out of possibly the best car. One only needs to look at Boardley's results considering he was supposed to be driving the same car.
Interestingly, my mathematical model rates the Infiniti as narrowly the fifth-best car on the grid, behind the Toyota, the WSR BMW and BTC and Dynamics Hondas (although the difference between them is small), so suggests it was Sutton's driving that made the difference. However, Sutton is not rated as the best driver of the season as the Hyundai has a much lower rating than the other title contenders, so Ingram rates as the best driver. I am sceptical about this, because it also predicts that Ingram would have comfortably won the championship if he had remained with Speedworks, and unless Toyota have massively increased their injection of cash into the team without us knowing, this seems unlikely. More likely is that Ingram's car was quicker than the other Hyundais, as his lack of teammates makes that rating quite uncertain.