View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3843587)   #3
Jay Laifman
Rookie

United States
So Cal
Jay Laifman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct, no FIA.

We have been reading the rules from our local groups and looking at what is showing up at races. Including VARA and SVRA. It looks like sometimes there are a wide array of very correct cars, and full classes. Other times it looks like the turnout is much looser and they almost let anyone run what they brung. Maybe I'm misinterpreting those later races, and they still are sticklers for details.

This sort of raises an observation. We've been going to the Monterey Historics almost annually for literally decades, and other races as well. It sure seems to us that the classes have gotten thinner. In part, I think it's because as years have marched on, "historic" racing cars have gotten newer and newer. So either room has to be made for the new cars, or racers are gravitating towards some of the newer cars. Cars are put in the same run group that aren't even close. With these thinner groups, that's why we might see less stringency at some of the races. I guess though that this nothing new, and has been happening since the first historic race!