View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2483834)   #21
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that the 40 min races can be a bit difficult to follow and not too interesting to watch but from the competitors point of view in CSCC they are fantastic. Most club racing involves a long drive somewhere followed by a 15 min practice and a 20 min race; the CSCC decided to do something a bit different to give its competitors max value (ie track time) for money (or the chance to share a car & costs with a mate due to the pit stop format). The club normally tries to split the 40 min races up so that it has 2 on each day of a weekend meeting & the rest of the races are then the more normal sprint format, but Oulton is always only a one day meeting so 4 of the club's series raced on the same day. Sorry folks but I think that the CSCC is one of the few clubs that runs meetings like this so hopefully you don't mind us having 40 min races once a year at each venue.

At least the CSCC series have reasonably busy grids and there must have been some good dices even within the 40 min races. I did my best to entertain a bit with my (finally succesful) battle with the green 205.

Thanks for all your help anyway, we know we can't do it without you.