View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2789035)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=John Turner;2789018]Well since Goodwood's race will be the culmination of a series of E type races during the year, presumably the 'regs' as such will already have been set, as to what are allowed to come out and play or will we see some extra 'Goodwood' specials for the final showdown? Presumably genuine lightweights and semi lightweights, original club racers, any original modsports E's (are there any left?) and one QUOTE]

Yes, WOO 11, when last seen in Basle in the ownership of Herr Traber, it was in much the same condition as I left it in 1969 apart from the ex F1 Brabham wheels,replaced with wheels suitable for CR65's, removal of the CR front brake calipers, and fitted with a 4-2 XK engine. The rose jointed rear end was still all there. It had competed in the Le Mans classic, then the FIA papers had been withdrawn, mainly on account of the 4-2 engine. I had been asked to verify the 4-2 had been used in period, which I refused to do. I believe the car is still in Herr Trabers ownership