View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3374190)   #57
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Hate to pop in with criticism, but be a little more realistic with your runoff, T1 at Copenhagen has runoff where it shouldn't be and it's absent where it's needed. And T7(?) has way too little runoff.

But other than that, very good efforts from what I've seen.
I think part of the problem is that your gravel traps don't really reflect the shape of the corner. In my designs at the end of a straight I have the edge of the gravel continue in a line from the outer edge of the circuit, and allow for a brake failure, before shaping the back of the Gravel trap either 90 degrees or a curve to bring the gravel back to the tarmac again.
Likewise in twisty sections I always try to allow for a car going straight on as well as understeering off the outside of the corner.

Not sure I've phrased that correctly but take a look at some real world circuits, maybe European Grade 2 or Grade 3 circuits where they don't have tarmac run offs.