View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2015, 13:25 (Ref:3594182)   #18
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, the Stewards have ruled on the wind-tunnel/CFD queries put up by the teams, and my interpretation of it is that Ferrari, although not named in any of the documents put forward by either the teams or the FIA, were probably bending the rules but not breaking them as they are too loosely written (yet again!).

The rules have now been tightened, but they will probably be impossible to police adequately in my opinion. How on earth can a Ferrari technician working on a Haas aero bit forget what he has learnt whilst using the Ferrari wind-tunnel on behalf of Haas? And I wonder if a similar relationship has existed in the past between the two Red Bull teams?

Wouldn't it have been far, far simpler to have just written that each team must use it's own facilities or those of a third party that has no connection whatsoever with any other team in, or about to join, Formula 1?