View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2003, 21:04 (Ref:791031)   #14
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I wasn't aware about the spectator and access problems that Paul Ricard faces that were pointed out in that article.

The reason I would prefer the race to go to Paul Ricard instead of Le Mans is that Ricard is a much faster/more flowing/more exciting/better circuit than the Bugatti. Bugatti would just be like the Hungaroring - mickey-mouse and impossible to pass at, and not pleasurable for either drivers or fans.

Of course that would all change if the race was held on the full Sarthe circuit... Why the FIA have such a problem with F1 running on longer circuits I don't know, but I sure wish they would change their philosophy on them, and soon...

Both have their plus sides: Ricard has Ecclestone's blessing and is one of the most modern tracks in the world; Le Mans has the history and the name.

There's no doubt that there needs to be a French GP on the calender, but any replacement for Magny-Cours should be thought about carefully.

Here's the three track maps, so you can make up your own mind:

Paul Ricard

Le Mans Bugatti

Le Mans Sarthe

BTW, sorry about the Paul Ricard image being cut in half, don't know why that's happening.

Last edited by crozier74; 21 Nov 2003 at 21:07.
So I ride out to the old sundown