Thread: Starting
View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2003, 18:29 (Ref:551361)   #9
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

i suppose the first place to start is what do you mean by racing? you certainly can use your every day road car to go circuit racing in, however i dont recomend it, i race with Barc se and last we year saw an almost damage free season, although i dont think i would want to risk my means of daily transport, not to mention means of getting home again, sprinting on the other hand is another matter, there are many many drivers who drive to and from sprints in their competition cars, as in a sprint you are driving against the clock rather than directly against other competitors the chances of damaging the car are slim, a lot of circuit racers started off sprinting and progressed to racing after they had gained a lot of useful experience in car control, to my mind on a race circuit during a race is not the place to learn about car handling, neither are the roads for that matter, sprint entry fees start at around £45 at north weald air field ranging upto £85 to compete at goodwood. why not pop along to a meeting and see whats happening, and talk to a few sprinters, most are only too happy to discuss their hobby, as a sprint championship co-ordinator i have extreme difficultly getting some of them off the phone!!!!!!