View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1449648)   #10
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes, a good quality map as well.

Looking at the Yateley map I tend to recall what I did last year.... I parked at the "P" (which is just a forest track - so single file parking along it`s edge) and walked north-east to where you meet the stage at a hairpin right hand bend. I then walked the stage to the next hairpin left hand bend just a bit further along. I actually took my pics at the next right hand kink (pretty much due south from the "H" of the "Hartford Bridge Flats" annotation along the A30 north of the stage). It wasn`t actually a great idea as they were pretty much flat out through there but I wanted to get away from the hairpins where the marshals were penning you in specific places.

My main tip is not to leave after the top few cars go through (in an attempt to race to another stage and see them again). Watch the club cars go through afterwards - they`ll be quite entertaining.... Look out for Stuart Larbey`s Metro 6R4, The Paul Hartfield Peugeot 206 Special (if it`s still going!), and Ian Roberton (who`ll be especially entertaining if you`re near a corner!) in his Nissan 240RS.

I am sorely tempted to go as I`ve not missed it in recent years, but it`s just a bit too thin on "top" entries for my liking.... Maybe next year when it`s off of the BRC calendar it might flourish a bit more?