View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4171390)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Trust me, they burned. How the fire started is unlikely ever to be known; if they get that ship safely into a port without it sinking that will be quite an achievement.
I'm guessing the 'allegedly' refers to the statement - "once EV burst into fire nothing stops it until they burn out a few hours later"

The truth is that some Li-ion incidents will result on a thermal runaway, that can require a higher level of cooling to extinguish compared to a carbon based fire. But it is wrong to claim that all EV fires will result in a thermal runaway, or that all thermal runaways have to be allowed to sell extinguish.