View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3088064)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
There aren't that many permanent tracks in China for its size. Also, most of them would be crap for racing Indy Cars on. I would honestly take Belle Isle over racing at Beijing Goldenport, Chengdu Goldenport, Tianma, Guangdong, and probably even Ordos. I don't know that Zhuhai meets the FIA requirements for higher-spec, open-wheel cars. Finally, Shanghai charges everyone else an arm and a leg to use the place, because they have to try (somehow) to recoup the F1 sanction fee.

Qingdao was occupied by the Germans, and then the Japanese, for a number of decades, so it's a more international and open city. That would be my guess as to why it was chosen.

Just thinking out loud here. It could be kind of funny to see if the present car can manage some real hot laps around Macau.