View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3723826)   #101
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've learned not to take racing too seriously. 2008 felt and still feels like my favorite F1 season. Then again, having started watching IndyCar this season, it feels like the best racing I've ever seen.

Back in late '00s I doubt I would have preferred IndyCar over F1. F1 had more technical competition and was still pure from today's IndyCar things like push-to-pass, double-points finale, and closed pitlane when the SC comes out was a short-lived thing in F1.

I really got tired of racing when F1 started getting gimmicky in 2010s, and I've found my interest in racing in other series these days. IndyCar is my favorite form of racing, just because of the great racing it provides. Even if F1 returned to what it was like in the late '00s, I doubt I'd prefer it over IndyCar. IndyCar has its flaws but I don't take it so seriously, just enjoy the great racing it has to offer. I'm fine with its lack of technical competition, if anything it means closer racing on-track.

Similarly, I might hate IMSA e.g. for its caution procedures. Think about Sebring last year, like six cars or so restarting nose-to-tale in the last 30 mins. For sure that didn't represent the performance of 11 hours and 30 minutes. But I didn't take that so seriously, it also offered great racing for the victory.