View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3987864)   #72
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very much a ten tenths weekend, Me, Gordon,MG David, HRTR5, Colin, Alan Morgan, Simon Hadfield,David and Chris out on track with their camera's Alan and Fay and many of my marshal friends who came by to say hello. There was one person missing but his spirit was with us all weekend.
I was tickled pink with both my young charger's in their Gemini FJ cars.I really do get a buzz when i see them having such good races and having fun which is what this is all about. I did have high hopes for the March 79B as we have spent a fair amount of time going through the fuel system and all electrics after the test a couple of weeks back. The car goes off the line like a rocket but after half a lap the misfire comes back.We decided to use the first race as a test and I pitted twice to disconnect the rev limiter and then we took the air cleaner off. No change what so ever.I never like giving up so managed a P10 in first race "last 2 laps down and last" and then P9 in second race.There were a lot of cars DNF.
MG David and Gordon were supportive as ever and also most of the paddock all coming up with ideas on what the misfire could be.. Miles Griffiths who won the second race has offered his rolling road services so I guess this is the last option for me now.I love the car and when it goes it sure is fast I only wish I had the car when i was aged 27 and not now at 67.As my dear old friend Sir Nick Williamson would say " the corners come up blooming quick these days".
I really want to race the car at Zandvoort and Spa just to get this F2 thing out of my system and then go back to driving less powered cars.
So on wards and upwards but as James said well done all at HSCC and Brands Hatch.
Funny story now. Came back in to pit after first race and I am sitting in car a bit despondent along with the team and Gordon quietly said "fire".No one took any notice. He then said "Fire !!!!!!" a bit Lauder and sure enough we did have a fire. Good old Gordon.