View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3917972)   #124
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm 90% sure they are aluminium. Not sure what form of witchcraft would be needed... smarter people than I myst have stuck aluminium and steel together before now?
The ROPS in an NGTC build must conform to FIA Art.253.8
This defines the material as 'Cold drawn seamless unalloyed carbon steel'

The Article then gives a special case description for attaching to a non steel body/shell - 'For non steel bodyshells/chassis, any weld between the cage and the bodyshell/chassis is prohibited, only the bonding of the reinforcement plate on the bodyshell/chassis is permitted.'

So it is possible and a case is given for it in the build regs, which is for the ROPS to be bonded to the shell.