Old 4 Oct 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2965421)   #14
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I think you are doing a fantastic job. The interviews and features are great, and it's good that you do not concentrate solely on the "bigger names" at the front of the grid, but also feature some of the mid-pack and lesser known drivers and teams.

As well as the current crop of drivers, it would be nice to see some features about drivers from the past if possible - names such as Andy Rouse, Anthony Reid, Steve Soper, John Cleland and others. I don't know how many still attend race weekends from time to time, but if any do, then I'm sure people would be interested to hear their thoughts on their time in BTCC and what they think about the championship nowadays.
Hi Steve,

Rest assured that the plan for the 'Where are they now feature' which ran in the first issue with Michael Doyle (given it was the weekend where he competed in the Ginetta races) will be going back through time somewhat when it comes to the people we feature.

Although the driver featured in the upcoming issue is another who has raced in the BTCC in the more recent past, we do plan to speak to some of the more 'old-time' drivers.

In fact, we're planning to speak to one of the drivers you mentioned in the coming days ready for the post-Silverstone edition...

Great minds obviously think alike!