View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3725472)   #260
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Is it possible (and I know any team worth their salt would be foolish to do so but it might just be possible so go with me on this) that they hadn't been testing with the revised height/weight in place and only implemented it the week before Brands' thinking it wouldn't make such a big deal?

Because if I knew there were big changes coming into play (new tyres, new weight and height setup etc) I'd have been out testing the hell out of the setup like Dynamics, Motorbase and WSR so I could hit the ground running.
A possibility might be that the team had their 2016 data (tyres, suspension etc) and felt that the biggest change to the car might come in the weight distribution and not the new tyres. Therefore, any testing they did may have been carried out with 2016 tyres, and it is the rubber that has caused the discrepancy (which they only put on for the first time on the Wednesday before Brands)?
Do the new tyres bring with them a new wheel/brake package?