Old 1 Sep 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3669000)   #22
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
And everyone else...no brag, just been stating fact for three decades...'seen it coming since the mid 80s... Sad, sad.

Worse, it's happening to every facet of auto racing....
I have been watching NASCAR for five years now, and to be honest I find what they are up to off putting. The TV audiences are going down, the stands are half empty, and I have not read anything positive by fans online about what they are doing. Hopefully whoever is coming up with these gimmicks is going to get the boot and someone with a half brain replacing them.
There are Chases in the top three series, and if one wasn't baffling enough, all three have different rules. Then there is now the Dash for the Cash in the Xfinity series, and the Caution Clock for the truckers.
The Sprint Chase is so dumb, the commentators were getting excited about a back marker puttering around on 7 cylinders and not being able to win the championship if he wasn't 30th in points by next fortnight.
Only three Chase eligible drivers have won in the Xfinity series because of the ineligible part timers winning so much, and the Dash for the Cash Heats were hopeless.
The Trucks are full of mad teenagers crashing and they already throw cautions for the slightest incident, the last thing anybody wants is more of them.

I just can't get interested in who's in or out, and who will win any of the championships as it is all so utterly random.