View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2085002)   #2
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race has always been great but the coverage has gotten better and better and made it more fun to watch it on the telly. Thanks to the networks we know about the drivers backgrounds, the stats, what the teams are saying, the predictions by the experts, onboard perspectives, replays.

Like this year. That one could really be made into a movie. So many thrilling chapters. Like the main protagonist TK spinning out in T4. Or the youngster who came so close to winning the year before, going upside down. Then the rain came and thanks to team strategy Dario found himself in the lead.

Some may say the races from yesteryear weren't as spectacular as the recent editions. But I think a lot of the excitement got lost in translation. Also keep in mind that, I think it was, ABC didn't broadcast this race live nor tape delayed for most in the 80's. They made a special highlight package that was kept well in the time frame. I think people would think really different of nowadays races if they didn't have a live leaderboard, or three cameras in every turn and experienced pitreporters patrolling pitlane.