View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3283084)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Undoubtedly Hamilton this time. His drive was much like your typical Vettel drive to victory (although no one likes to give him DOTR on those occasions lol), where he manages to start at front, manage the tyres, but make great moves through traffic when he does have to pit.

Vettel, on the other hand, just got stuck in traffic all day and couldn't pass. Hamilton seemed to make it look easy, passing Button in about 2 laps, passing Webber in epic moves not once but twice. And Webber wasn't even that much slower than Hamilton at the time.

The other reason is Rosberg was almost a minute behind before he retired, and he certainly wasn't able to pass like Hamilton was.

No one else was particularly impressive, to be honest. Kimi's second was only after Grosjean was given penalties and Vettel just couldn't pass anyone, same with Webber; if this were a track you could pass on, Webber would have struggled to get 4th. Alonso was average, and possibly one of the few that wasn't getting held up during the race and often had a clear track.

Grosjean was exciting, and I thought the penalty on him for going off track was harsh. I'd like to see a replay to see if her really did put all 4 off. He could have given Hamilton a go for victory without that, as he was up to 2nd. But he seemed to drop off after that anyway, the penalty only cost him 15 secs but he was a long way back at the end, probably because he just couldn't get past Alonso.

I was pleased to see Vergne beat Ricciardo too. Ricciardo was several cars ahead of Vergne after the start, yet despite having one extra pit stop Vergne still caught and passed him on track.