View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:30 (Ref:4017136)   #29
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had to watch it a second time before I could decide. Any of the top 3 could be DOTR.
Vettel? A good launch at the start and a lucky run through the first corner chaos had him well placed. Drove steadily to hold a top placing. Incredibly (considering the last few years) he made no mistakes.
Perez? Like Vettel, he had a car that was working nicely in the conditions. Preserved his tyres as only he can. Lost DOTR with that late mistake that let Leclerc through. How can this guy be out of a drive for 2021??!!!
Hamilton? Sensibly cautious early on, even if he did have the odd wobble. Relentlessly moved forward as the race wore on. Preserved his tyres without sacrificing speed. Won by over 25 seconds in a car that was not happy in the conditions. DOTR!

Verstappen was over-driving and looking panicky.
Albion generally looked better but spoilt it with a couple of costly spins.
Through the first half of the race I was seriously rethinking my opinion of Stroll. But the second half confirmed my long-standing opinion.
What might Ocon have achieved if his teammate hadn’t nudged him into a spin at the first corner?
Norris was looking quick and confident in the latter part of the race.
Bottas looked to be having a poor race but the first spin was unlucky and racing with aero damage was a big handicap today.

Congrats to everyone for avoiding any big shunts.