View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3920955)   #48
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
Megane is using Clio 1.6 block that was enlarged to 1.8, and then they installed crankshaft from Nissan Sentra and they are using turbo from Mercedes A-Class.
Some Frankenstein, but since Renault is dumping all money in stupid F1 project there is nothing to support these cars, they only give Vukovic their blessing
And yet TCR is "production car" racing as against Supercars "frankensteins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
The TV production values are certainly not up to VASC standards EB, but I guess that would be a function of the budget.
I'll put it to you this way, just the package that does the grid run-through before the races is a $1m setup for Supercars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Apparently there's a spare Opel engine trackside.
At least GRM & the Kelly's had spare engines (well KR had one anyway).

Also amusing how many mechanical issues we're seeing. Just like in Europe, road car parts are vulnerable and fragile, these cars will never approach bespoke race car reliability.

I'd love to see them in an invitational class at the 12hr but I wonder how many would finish.